HTML 5 Important Concepts
HTML5 is the latest and enhanced version of HTML (Hypertext Markup Language), the code that describes web pages. HTML is a mark up language not a programming language. In HTML5 some features being “Deprecated” or “New”.
Features of HTML 5
The primarily features include:
- Semantics element: a semantic element clearly describes its meaning to both the browser and developer i.e. what your content is. Ex: section, article, nav, header, footer and aside.
- Connectivity:It allows you to communicate with server in a new and innovative way.
Ex: WS (Web Sockets), SSE (Server-sent events), WebRTC (Web Real-Time communication)
- Offline and storage: allowing webpages to store data on the client-machine locally and operate offline more efficiently.
- Multimedia: Making audio and video more flexible in the open web
Ex: Audio, video, WebRTC,
- 2D/3D graphics and effects: by write the code we can create an image and affects. In HTML5 many new features which deal with graphics on the web: 2D Canvas, WebGL, SVG, 3D CSS transforms, and SMIL.
- Performance and integration: Speed optimization and better use of computer hardware.
- Device access: Allowing for the usage of various input and output devices.
Ex: Camera API, Touch events, Using geolocation, Detecting device orientation, Pointer Lock API etc.
- Styling:Letting authors write more sophisticated themes.
Ex: background styling features, fancy borders, Animating your style, Typography improvement, presentational layouts.